Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

06 z4 3.0 tire pressure monitor

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by rjhamilton, Oct 13, 2009.

rjhamilton guest

I just bought this 06, a CPO car. The tire valves look like the old rubber ones, but many of the cars I see have steel or aluminum rigid valve stems. The dealer said I have a different style operated by part of the ABS system which measures tire circumference. If circumference goes down, its losing air , and will then warn me in the cockpit. The sensors are not in the wheels themselves.Does this make sense to any of you? Do other 06 models operate like mine????

mrglock

On both our 2006 e90's we have rubber valve stems. They sense on wheel spin. (circumference)

rspeser

The TPS on the 2006 Z4 does indeed measure the rotational circumference of the tires and gives a signal if one or more of them are different. The in tire pressure monitor would have been much better, but it is what it is. If you have the rubber caps, spring for the metal ones that you can get at the dealer with your BMWCCA discount or other suppliers. The look much nicer and add a little pop to the wheel.

zee4mike guest

I have a 2006 Z4. TPM sensed by wheel rotation. Works pretty well too, new tires installed with wrong pressure set mine off. Once the pressure was corrected, lights out.