Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How to remove door panel - fix window?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Ken330, Oct 3, 2009.

Ken330 guest

The rear passenger window in my 2001 330i decided to make a 'thump' noise when i put it 3/4 down and wouldn't go back up. Then i hit the button down...and it went down... and is staying there. Anyone have any tips on the removal of the door panel, and possibly what this window issue sounds like? Thanks!

John in VA

Ken330 guest

Thanks for the input. I did manage to get the door panel off without breaking it and exposed the motor. The motor is working fine, however the cable is hanging loose in there and seems to be jambed as it goes thru the motor. I will try to take the motor out to free up the cable, but does anyone know exactly where/how the cable is routed? Thanks

Brian Cassity

pull off the other panel to see how it's done. probably a broken cable retaining clip. may or may not be able to do a home made repair. on front window involves using wire tie to hold in place. or try a glass shop, much cheaper than going to the dealer