Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Run Flat Horror

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Lisantiv, Sep 19, 2009.

298273 guest

I would change to a none runflat tire which is easier to find and gives a much better ride.You will have to come up with a space saver to limp in on.The other problem is if that fracture so easy why would you want to go back to them.I have run Eagle F1 all seasons and I am very impressed.I recently had the car on Road Atlanta and they performed flawlessly.When you go away from the runflats you are probably taking some liability on yourself.

298273 guest

Oh by the way don't change the wheels it would probably make you car look very odd.Do you know the sizes off hand on your car?

Lisantiv guest

It actually looks fine. Just like any other 3 series without the sport option. They're 225 somethings

bimmernet guest

Alternative idea

At my BMW Center we have begun offering tire and wheel insurance and it's very popular here in Sunny Northern California with our crumbling infrastructure and growing pot hole problems especially on the freeways our flat broke "Golden" state can't afford to properly maintain or replace. Sucks to be us.

Anyway, the insurance isn't cheap but it's relative since it's about the price of one BMW 18" Star type wheel (E92 Sport Std) or two RFT tires for same and it'll cover up to $5K in replacements over 5 years. Virtually every employee is buying it at about a 32% discount and we're selling probably 20% of vehicle buyers; probably 40% of those with 18" wheels, 60% with 19" and 80% with 20". The requirement is they must be available as Factory fitment for the specific year and model.

BTW: the training we receive is the primary reason BMW fits RFT Tire Technology across the board (where available) is to prevent loss of control from catastrophic tire failure and secondarily for allowing drivers more than enough distance at a reasonable speed to get to a safe place to stop and check the tire(s) and repair or replacement (more likely) of the culprit.

Bimmernet

PS A word to those leasing your BMW; if you return your vehicle with non-specified tires (like subbing RFT's for non-RFT's; you'll be charged for a new set of RFT's in addition to any other excess mileage or wear and tear charges.