Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2010 BMW 328i/335i 4D sedan

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by fernande-bmw, Sep 18, 2009.

Joeb427 guest

Paul Miller is the closest dealer to me but I wound up buying at Park Ave.
    I bought a '08 335 at Roxbury (long story about having an '09 now)and a worker there had the chip in his 135 but said you have to take it out when you bring it in for service because you'll void the warranty.I think you have to use a BT scan and wipe out the code too.

fernande-bmw guest

I noticed it was not an option when you build your own from the BMW USA website. However, when I searched the accessories website, it showed up.

The problem is that the website is still showing the 2009 model. To be sure, I have to wait until they update to the 2010 model. Since they just came back from Summer vacation and started their 2010 production and the first 2010 cars will be delivered mid October, I suspect the website update will happen at the end of September or beginning of October.

It would be nice if the short shift kit came standard with the 335i from the factory, but the shift stick itself is not the same. So, it makes me wonder. I will start doing some research and will share what I find.

Good point there. Time to go find a good quote that puts it well below 50K. :D

fernande-bmw guest

The feedback from everyone has been very helpful.

My simple philosophy has been to get something extra in the next car that I did not have in the previous one. For instance, bigger engine, premium package, or convenience options.

The sports package is something I never looked at because I did not want to deal with the tires (too many months of icy/snowy weather in Milwaukee). But I don't want run flat tires (RFT), and I am going to have to change them anyway. Besides, the overwhelming feedback has been positive on the ZMP/ZSP. So, ZMP/ZSP seems like the natural next step. :)

But darn! This next step in addition to all the fun "convenience" options increases the cost up to ~$50K. Well, it is always about the money. Isn't it?

Anyway, this seems to be choice at the moment:

335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
    MET Metallic Paint (LeMans Blue)
    Oyster and Black Dakota Leather
    4B9 Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim
    ZCW Cold Weather Package
    ZPP Premium Package
    ZMP M Sport Package
    6FL iPod and USB Adapter
    677 Premium Hi-Fi System
    5AC Automatic High Beams
    322 Comfort Access keyless entry

I am not sure about the 302 Anti-theft alarm system. Any opinions?

I am also considering the BMW Performance Short Shift Kit (PN: 25 11 0 430 360) if I can figure out if the 2010 335i 4D sedan does not already include a short shift from the factory.

az3579

^That there is about what I would purchase, but without some of the stuff that I don't need, such as the Premium/Cold packages. Heck, without the Premium/Cold packages, the price is still $50k. What is the price you gathered for those options?

Lemans Blue / Oyster is IMO the best color combination I've ever seen on any car in my life. (Oyster/Black Dakota is definitely my favorite interior color of all time though)

fernande-bmw guest

Here are the 2010 MSRP and Invoice prices for all the options:

335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M) $40,300 $37,075
    MET Metallic Paint (LeMans Blue) $550 $500
    Oyster and Black Dakota Leather $0 $0
    4B9 Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim $0 $0
    ZCW Cold Weather Package $1,150 $1,045
    ZPP Premium Package $2,650 $2,410
    ZMP M Sport Package $3,750 $3,415
    6FL iPod and USB Adapter $400 $365
    677 Premium Hi-Fi System $875 $795
    5AC Automatic High Beams $250 $230
    Destination & Handling: $825 $825
    Total MSRP/Invoice as Built $50,750 $46,660

302 Anti-theft alarm system $400 $365
    322 Comfort Access keyless entry $500 $455
    Total MSRP/Invoice as Built $51,650 $47,480

BMW Performance Short Shift Kit (PN: 25 11 0 430 360) $576

I would argue that Cold and Premium are not "needed", but they are certainly convenient. I have lived with them for the last 5 years and would hate to lose them.

az3579

Invoice price? You plan on paying invoice? Just how did you manage to score that? lol

fernande-bmw guest

Heh. It is always good to aim low and know how much room you have for negotiation. It is a small window of 8%, but it is something. :)

az3579

"Only" 8% on a $50k+ car isn't small by any means. :rolleyes:

fernande-bmw guest

Well, guess what. I am paying invoice. With the way the economy is, you can still find great deals for 2009 and 2010 models. You just need to look around.