Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Repair manual for 2002 cars.

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by BlueAngel M3, Sep 13, 2009.

BlueAngel M3 guest

Does Bentley makes a repair manual for this car and if not who and where can i get one?

CRKrieger

Actually, unlike much of the total crap they put out for other BMWs, the Haynes manual for the 1600/2002 is excellent.

John in VA

The Haynes manual is helpful, and you can use the Clymer and Chilton manuals as well to fill in the blanks.
    BMW produced a repair manual that often sells for ~$100 used, for the original or duplicate. They also offered a CD version that runs on Windows 98, still available at your dealer for ~$97.

EDIT: There's a BMW repair manual copy for sale currently at the bmw2002faq site for $89 (includes shipping), from a good seller:
    http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,328553/

BlueAngel M3 guest

Thanks guys! If theres others please let me know! =)

CRKrieger

I never found a blank I thought needed filling. :confused: Maybe because my '02 was carbureted - I never read the injection section. :eek:

Johan guest

I had the factory manuals around here someplace. I got them when I owned a 74 2002tii. Loved the car, that is one I really really wish I had never sold.

304173 guest

I agree that the Haynes manual is excellent - mainly, as it (the 18050 [240]) covers just the type 114. The Chilton manual covers too many models, so is therefore not specific enough for the hard questions and views. There is also a Haynes manual for the 3+5 series cars, but not right for the type 114.

I also have a CD service manual from a purchase several years ago on Ebay, and it is designed for Windows 95. I have been able to install it on W2000 and XP systems, but it will not install and run on Windows7. This is the best of the manuals, although some views have to be adjusted to keep the illustrations, like wiring diagrams, from running off the page.

I have a late 49-state 1976, and even then I am unable to get the specifics for my car (and I have the original manual too). Right now - I am struggling with replacing the ignition switch - no slot, shoulders or any method of removing the bolts/studs from the assembly! There is nothing in any of these manuals to address this.

Good luck. If I can look anything up for you, let me know - meanwhile, start with the Haynes manual.

JMorrison

2002 Service Manual

I recently got a reprint of the original 2002 BMW repair manual from Faxonautolit.com. It came to $111 incl shipping.