Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Comfort Access option not so nice

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Swooz, Sep 3, 2009.

Swooz

Strange things happen whenever I wash my 09 328i sedan with Comfort Access. The doors suddenly lock when I spray the side door...and I don't mean full blast. When it first happened I thought it was because I had the key fob in my pocket so I unlocked the car and placed my key on the kitchen table. The doors locked again when I sprayed the driver's door. What the hell??? I find this incredibly annoying and now wish I had not paid dearly for this option.

Has ANYONE else experienced this issue? Is there some way for the dealer to adjust the sensitivity??

Bluestar guest

Could be related to the fact that the doors relock if unopened in 30 sec. See if this happens if you leave the car unlocked with a door open, then remove the key fob from anywhere near the car and wash your car (with door closed, of course;)). Worked for me.

griffisj guest

I've noticed the same with my 2009 328i Convertible. I did what Bluestar suggested and it worked.

bmun

+1 for the recommendation.

bluewagon