Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

One of 1 Commemorative Hardback Book

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by h3ptels, Aug 29, 2009.

h3ptels

I recently purchased a new 2008 135i Coupe with a little over 300 miles on it and as I was doing some research online discovered that there was a Commemorative Hardback Book which is specific to the vehicle purchased. It has a facsimile of the VIN plate affixed to the front inside cover and a Certificate of Authenticity from BMW on the inside back cover?
    Anybody who has purchased a 2008 135i had the Year One of 1 on the chrome ring outside the Start/Stop Button. Has anyone who owns a 2008 135i acquired this book? My dealer said he has never seen one but has heard rumors of one.
    I just wanted to confirm if it is real and has been given to new owners of their 2008 135i's?

az3579

I don't see why BMW would do this. They've had the 1 series for many years before it hit the US...

h3ptels

I agree, but I guess it is because it is the 1st year that it is in the US. It has to be a nice extra when buying the 1 Series car. I keep everything associated with a new car that I purchase in a file including the original brochures and magazine articles, etc. I just hope I will be able to get a hold of the one that is specific to my car whether the dealer can find it or BMW Customer Relations can help me out on the matter.

h3ptels

Sorry for this thread, just found a post by zeelimit in the E82 Threads that covers this issue. It also provided pictures of the actual book.

Bimmerdan

It's a really nice book and it is specific to that particular car. I'm a little surprised the original owner wouldn't have supplied the book with the car since it is VIN specific? If you can, it would be well worth the effort to try and track it down!

Lexington guest

It's all true and owners received a designer's sketch of the car at the 1 year anniversary of their purchase.

Bimmerdan

Well now that's news to me!!? I picked up the car in March of '08 and never saw any kind of sketch?? I think I'm jealous...or miffed...or both. You have any other details??

Lexington guest

Don't really have any details other than I took delivery of my car in July 08 at the performance center and I received the sketch from BMW last week as a one year anniversary gift. It purports to be an early design sketch of what the 1 series would look like. Don't recall the artist's name but it does indicate that it was drawn in '07. There was several threads about the sketch on the 1addicts web site.

I don't think it is dealer generated (I ordered the car from a dealer in Bahrain). It appears to come from BWMNA so perhaps you should give them a call. The sketch was actually mailed from what appears to be a marketing office out of California.

zeelimit

Book

I did contact BMW about the book since the original owner kept it when he sold it to the dealer. Not surprsingly, there are no additional copies available. The book was limited edition.
    I have been looking on ebay to buy one. But they have only been for sale if you purchase the car that goes with it.

mtrevor guest

We received the book as well. It is pretty nice. If you need a picture of it let me know. How do you like your 135?

eam3

We got a sketch of our 535i in the mail back in late 2008 or so.