Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone have a lead on a car to rent for the Club Race School?

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by 94is, Aug 25, 2009.

94is guest

I have been in contact with several members, including the Bimmerworld guys and some board members, and am still out of luck. I am planning on going Club Racing next year and will already be at Road Atlanta the previous week/weekend for work (World Challenge/Petit Le Mans), and figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to finally go to an Oktoberfest AND do the race school. I have already signed up for the school.

I am an autox and car control clinic instructor with my local chapters and will be doing the HPDE instructor school next year. I have ~6 years of track experience and am extremely responsible.

I am basically looking for a car to rent for the 2-day school that will be reliable and maybe even fun. I'm just not fond of the idea of renting a car from Hertz with unknown maintenance, etc.

If anyone has any leads, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks! :)

shanneba

TC Kline had track cars for rent at Ofest last year.

94is guest

I spoke with TC, and while he offered to rent me his race car at an amazing deal, it was still way more than I can afford. Anyone with a stock e30 or e36? :dunno

94is guest

Still haven't found a car. Hopefully I can get a Mazda 6 from Hertz.