Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Service Information

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by bswihart, Mar 30, 2008.

bswihart

I just purchased a 2005 530i with 6 speed manual. Can't wait to pick it up. Is there any service manuals or information available. I love to read these things because it let's me get to know the car better.

kvaughn333 guest

Did you try registering at the BMW Owner's Circle on the BMW Website? You can normally download manuals there.

ExGMan

2005 E60 Owner's Manual - PDF copy

I have a copy of the 2005 E60 manual on my computer, and could send it to you if you'd give me a non-BMWCCA email address.

John Gamel, #374235, aka ExGMan

bswihart

I tried the owners circle but the information is not available.

M3Driver guest

Use the priority email button in Owner's Circle and request one. Also, if you got it from BMW dealer they should be able to provide you one especially if it was CPO-ed car.

Now, if you are looking for service type info, see if a Bentley manual is available for your car. I'm not sure myself.

bswihart

Yes, I am really looking for a repair manual like Bentley

ExGMan

Bentley Manual - 5 Series

The Bentley Publishing website says no 5-Series Manual for any year after 2002.

jayesler guest

You can go through the owner circle and download the manual from there. You also probably get it in your car when you get it.

babajam guest

I have a 2004 530i with the sports package. I too am in search of a service manual. Can you direct me? I am seeking to replace my battery.

baba

bswihart

I have not found one. Try pelican parts .com? Replacing battery shoudl be strate forward with the exception of all the electronic resets that may be necessary. I would try keep 12 V applied with an external battery during the swap. That way you will not have to reset all your personal settings. If you take it to a shop, they should down load your setting first before disconnecting the batter.

Woodchimps guest

545I Battery replacement

I have read elsewhere that if I change the battery(E60 2004)myself that I probably will have no issues other than lost settings for seats, radio presets, etc. My local dealer said I have to have them hook up to their computer to "register" the battery to the car and clear all low voltage error signals, etc. Which is the truth? Battery thru the dealer is $224 but do not want to double the battery replacement feed due to shop/technician fees.:eek:

djcwardog guest

Bentley?

Rumint says that the E60 is the next car for which they will release their superb 2-volume set - this per BavAuto on the telephone when placing a recent parts order...

04Grayracer rs racer some day

battery replaced

had the dealer replace mine and they just put it in and i was on my way
    no problems.