Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New (to me) Z4 Owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ChipBeau, Aug 6, 2009.

ChipBeau guest

Hi All, just joined up yesterday. I purchased my 2004 Z4 3.0i triple black off eBay back in June - drove it home to Central Texas from Salt Lake City. Great drive - hard to keep the smile off my face!!

Then about a week later drove to Annapolis, MD for a Pentax get together - spent a month up there on family business, then my wife joined me and we drove home via a roundabout route - just enjoying ourselves (ruined run-flat not withstanding :( )

Had it for just 2 months now and have put about 6000 miles on it. :) Been great - looking forward to many more drives (once our 100+ temps go away!!)

lcjhnsn

Welcome to the BMW and particularly the Z family! It sure sounds like your using it as it was intended! I may be chastised for posting this, but you may also want to check out...

http://www.zscca.org/

ChipBeau guest

Lance, thanks for the welcome - and do you think I'll be chastised if I mention that I've already joined that group!! ;);)

zee4mike guest

Welcome

Bought my Z4 just under a year ago and have taken two road trips myself, Chicago to Natchez, MS through Memphis and recently to Knoxville, TN. I'm still smiling coming up on a year. Dumped the RFT's and bought a BMW Mobility Kit and Michelin Pilot Sports. I just couldn't take the RFT's any more. Now I smile every time I get in the car.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Living the dream!

OK, replace the vert with a coupe and you are doing what I always wanted to do. I have yet to get my wheels to cross the Mississippi River, although some well planned vacation days may rectify that next year.

Glad you have joined us - attend some events - make up your own and invite fellow members - and have fun!!!

ChipBeau guest

Thanks 'z4mike' and Larry - I have to admit that I'm not much of an RFT fan!! :( I've been considering new tires, but these have so much tread on 'em that I hate to spend money needlessly. (I'm soooooo cheap).

rspeser

Welcome to the fold. I totally understand what you mean about the smile on your face. I smile every time I walk into the garage even if I am going to work and driving the Mariner. In fact. sometimes I just go out there and admire her. She sure makes the Saturday detail session a pleasure.

ChipBeau guest

Thanks for the welcome. My wife just doesn't understand how I can stand and stare at my Z!! :D Reminds me of the Tony Stewart commercial - nice shiny black vette!!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

The only trouble with black is. . . you need GHOST FLAMES!!

:D :D :D

ChipBeau guest

satch, I had to laugh reading your post!! :D Don't think I'm quite ready for them, but you can never tell!! :)

330indy1

two recommendations:

1) get a battery tender, to keep the battery fresh in between drives.
    2) lower your top before you start the car (battery tender helps here) and savor the sound as you back out.

:) :) :)

ChipBeau guest

Appreciate the advice - but, I drive the Z most every day (unless it's 105 like it has been :( ) and I've actually forgotten what the top looks like!! :D :D :D

330indy1

good for you....;)
    the way it should be