Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Have I found a 330Ci creampuff?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by BMRDRVR, Aug 1, 2009.

BMRDRVR

Private party is asking $18,995 for a 6-speed manual silver/black 2004 330Ci with Sports, Premium and Cold Weather Packages. Original miles 32750. I'd be the 4th owner; first owned for 6 mos by a fleet, then the next 2.5 years by an individual, and the last 18 mos by a local car enthusiast who says he bought it for his wife but she didn't like it. I am concerned that previous owners hardly drove it and traded it fairly quickly. I've seen and driven the car, it is immaculate and drives like new. According to Carfax, clutch assembly was replaced at 25k, tires replaced and full alignment done at 26k. Current owner replaced those last year with some beautiful all-season radial Yokohama's. I can't find anything wrong but the short ownership spans kind of nag at me? Anybody else see any reason for cautious approach to this car?

drummerfc

I'm wondering hypothetically, if you took it to a junkyard and had them crush it, would you get lemonade?? :cool:

Seriously speaking, new clutch assembly @ 25K and *4 owners*?? :eek: Not sure I would take the plunge but that's just me...good luck w/your decision.

az3579

If it drives like new, I'd get a Pre-Purchase Inspection, and if that checks out, I'd JUMP on it.

Not for that price though; I'd haggle down a couple grand at least. 330Ci's can be had for a lot less, at least around here.

330indy1

I believe the flywheel had early issues in the e46 6-speed MT. the ZHP had these issues too.

BMRDRVR

I have made him a lower, fair offer and will hear back from him today. He seemed to understand my argument that were this a one-owner car he could rightfuly expect a higher price, but given I'd be #4 he has to make allowance for that, superb condition and low mileage aside.

BMRDRVR

It sold to someone else willing to pay top dollar.

bmw brad

I hate to say it.... but it was probably a good thing! The four owners in such a short time kinda makes you wonder...... The right one will come along! Good luck, Brad

jzwu guest

Not a deal.

I bought my 2005 330Ci convertible fully loaded from a MB dealer for $20K plus tax & registration in late Oct in the SF bay area.

It is a one-owner trade-in with 63k miles, but in great condition. Dealer also put on new brakes too. Fully loaded I mean it has premium package, sport package, cold weather package, adaptive Bi-Xenon lights and navigation system.

daydreamer69 guest

i bought my 05 330ci loaded with 23k miles on it this past october
    i paid $22k
    i'm 3rd owner