Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member in the deep south...Mobile.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by xlr8tin, Jul 15, 2009.

xlr8tin guest

I just joined, so I'm new to the CCA scene, but I've had my bimmer almost a year. I've been a member for a little while now on bimmerforums.com (which is a great place where I've gotten a lot of support) that led me to Gulf Coast Bimmers chapter of CCA, and here I am.

I'm 26 now, and I'm an electrician in the Coast Guard. I've been in for almost 5 year now. I spent 6 years in Nashville when I enlisted, and was transferred to Portland, ME. I've lived in ME for many years prior so it wasn't new to me. Now I'm in Mobile, AL.

Last August, I bought my white 1994 540ia. Since then I bought the Dinan ECU and TCU chip. It's been the best thing for this car. The body has 243,750 miles, the engine was replaced by previous owner and has about 113K miles. It runs great. I don't have any good pictures right now. I'm waiting on my wheels to come before I put up pics.

I hope to get to know many of you. Hopefully some of you are in my area.

rspeser

Hi and welcome

I am in Pensacola and a chapter member, hope to see you at one of the meetings when I get my knee fixed(again) and start making trips. I'll look for you at the meetings

xlr8tin guest

Awesome, and Thanks!

I'm going tonight and the Sat to their meet. That's too bad, I hope you get better soon. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin disease Lymphoma in April. I"m halfway through chemo right now, so the Dr is giving me a month break and then gonna run some tests to see how I am doing...So, I'm doing good enough to come out. Even though this heat is crazy down here.

Our boat is supposed to be moving to Pensacola any time now.

Yea, I hope to see you at the meets. What is your name? Mine is Gregg

kirkdavelin

Another Pensacola Newbie

We are such new members of the BMWCCA and Gulf Coast Bimmers that we are still driving a Porsche Boxster S to events with the club. They are very understanding about having an interloper in their midst. Our 2011 Red Z4 35is is on the boat on its way to the Performance Center in Greenville, SC for delivery there on the 22nd of this month. We are keenly awaiting its arrival- our first BMW.

Very much looking forward to meeting both of you at event in the near future. Headed west to the "Cruising the Coast" car show tomorrow (Oct 9th). Lots of old cars there in 3 venues we understand.

Until we meet on the road or at an event - happy motoring. Have a super day!

dave & lindy

Clinesdale guest

Drive across the bay to Fairhope and Point Clear. It's a beautiful area. I moved from Fairhope to B'ham to Pittsburgh and miss the water terribly. My parents (local authors of suspense) still live in Fairhope, so at least I get to visit now and then.

Try Lulu's (Jimmy Buffett's sister's restaurant) in Gulf Shores. It's worth the extra drive and is close to the beach.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Holy cow! A Z435is?!

Mannnn, when you picked your first BMW, you didn't mess around, did you?!

Welcome to the asylum! I look forward to meeting you next year in Alabama!

:D :D :D