Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How Far is Too Far?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by bikeman195, Jul 7, 2009.

bikeman195

I just got a 2006 CPO 330i; 25k mi, 6 spd MT, Sport pkg, etc., etc. I'm looking at Dinan catalog but don't want to void my warranty and service contracts. I'm looking at strut tower brace, S1 suspension, exhaust and cold air intake. Will any of those give BMW cause to void my warranty?

Any other warranty preserving handling/performance ideas would also help.

Thanks,
    Jim

TeamStowell We love driving!

I might be incorrect, but I think the addition of Dinan products does not void any BMW warranty. Just give the Dinan folks a call to verify that.

CRKrieger

Pretty sure it won't affect the warranty if Dinan does it, but I don't know about private party installations.

So how many driver schools would that cost ya?

CSBM5

You need to carefully check the Dinan warranty coverage. I believe it only applies during the 4yr/50k mile factory warranty period wherein Dinan agrees to covers damage resulting from their product if not covered by BMW. In practice, this becomes a shooting match between BMWNA and Dinan when a big repair is required (especially in recent times when BMWNA is clamping down as much as possible on warranty expenses while at the same time marketing their own "Performance" line of junk).

Babydoc168

Dinan mods

Since many BMW dealers are also authorized Dinan dealers. I would suggest finding one of those and calling them. Your other option is to wait until the warranty expires and then adding your mods. Sounds like that is going to be one heck of a ride. I believe it only applies during the original 4/50k warranty. I have no idea about the CPO warranty to 100k.