Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Select Program

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by Bluestar, Jul 3, 2009.

Bluestar guest

Anyone utilize this program or have anything to say positve or negative about this?

Apparently one pays a per cent interest (now 3.9%) for up to 60 months. At the end, a "balloon" payment is due although it is actually 30% of the purchase price. You can end this at any time by paying off the balance or reduce the balloon by paying more than the required monthly payment.

Bluestar

This sounds similar to the Owner's Choice program from the late 90's. I bought my last Beemer using that balloon option and loved it. At the time, the interest rate was nearly nothing and the residual was reasonable. As strange as it may seem, the program at that time, did not charge interest on the ballon (buy-out)........it was free money and I couldn't walkaway. Probably, the best financing deal I'll ever see in this life. So, check-out the program, it might be a great deal.

TheStigsTwin guest

Did I see correctly? Are they financing CPO cars with BMW select as well?

michaelbird

Dang. Just went on the BMW FS web site to get more details.

"Please note that BMW Select is not available in IL, MD, NC, NH, NV, PA, and TX."

:(

Michael (NC)