Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member to CCA and BMW in Hampton Roads, VA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hcaleman, Jun 21, 2009.

hcaleman

Just wanted to drop a line to say hello and introduce myself. Signed up and paid my dues today.

I am, or more accurately will be, the new owner of a 95 M3. It was originally my brother's car (original owner, he is upgrading to an 06 E46), so we wanted to keep it in the family. He has kept it in great condition and stock. I will be flying to Indianapolis next weekend to pick it up and drive back to VA; that should be a nice way to get accustomed to the car.

I recently moved back to the US from Dubai where I was working for a few years. I had a 2001 Audi S6 over there, it was a fun car. However, the thing saw the dealer for service a few more times that I would have liked. Yes, legendary VW/Audi quality coupled with harsh middle east climate was not good for that car. I swore up and down that I would never buy another german car, and now my wife is shocked that I'm about to get into an even older M3 :eek:. I've swore to her that they are just built much better (please assure me on this one) and well I trust my brother on the care, we're all very meticulous about our cars.

I'm sure I'll use the CCA to its fullest, I would like to get back into auto-crossing and other events and I'm sure the forums will be a great resource. Hope to see someone of you on the road.
    Charlie

John in VA

Wanderlustbob guest

Did you give the Audi the appropriate send off and bury it in the sands of Dubai?

Hint: Dont hand your wife the keys to the Bimmer you might not get them back.

:D Welcome to the club, as a new autoXer, I can tell you its awesoem fun!!!

hcaleman

Well sent it off well enough. Sold to a dutch guy who was actually a bimmer enthusiast at heart but lost his M5, and Range Rover, in a fire (showed me the pictures, ouch).

It's been some years since I've autocrossed. I used to do it with my 240sx (in DSP, then SM2 when they created that class), looking forward to it again and some track days. Though now I just have my mind on the 10 or so hour drive from Indy back to VA I have on Sunday when I pick up the car.