Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Corral at LRP at Vintagefest Sept 5th

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Jun 18, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Gather round one and all!

Rolex Vintage Festival
    4-7 September 2009

The following comes directly from the Lime Rock Park website:

There is nothing like the perfect late-summer afternoons that the Northwest corner of Connecticut produced, and with a breath-taking collection of cars that take to the track, there is no better way to spend Labor Day weekend. Fans discover the glamour, glory and style of historic and vintage sports cars as they claim focus of the event both on track, in the open paddock and during the prestigious Sunday in the Park Automotive Extravaganza.

Sunday in the Park has evolved from what was essentially considered a local car show 27 years ago into a Car Show and Concours extravaganza devoted to automotive beauty, history and diversity. The Park will be engulfed with interesting vintage and historic sports cars, classics, customs and hot rods, woodies, trucks, racing cars, and motorcycles. There will also be marque car club groupings including Morgan, celebrating their 100th anniversary, Porsche, BMW, Corvette and Aston Martin.

All of this makes for a wonderful day out in the scenic green valley of Lime Rock Park.

Tickets ranged from $15-80.

Here are the special BMW details!

It looks like the BMW CCA will be assisting with a special BMW Corral this year, which will feature parade laps on Saturday. To get discount tickets, make sure you enter the special code - 2009BMW - when you place your order. The parade size will be limited, so if you want to participate please email Paul at pkngai@yahoo.com with your name, CCA #, and Chapter name. There will also be special BMW display parking on the track during Sunday's car show.

lcjhnsn

The past couple years have also seen BMW 2002 'Fest East held at Lime Rock on the Sunday of Vintage Fall Festival

However, as I understand things, the individual who organized the past events has stepped down and away this year. But I have also heard that negotiations for a new organizer are in the early stages, more to come...

Sunday car show

On Sunday the CCA has a very limited number of spots for the car show. Is you car worthy? Email Paul and start filling his head with information about your beautiful ride!!

:D

lcjhnsn

Somehow, I just don't think my car really justifies a spot in a top level historic car show

seapbmw

Lime Rock

We are going to be first-timers at the Labor Daharliey vintage race and we're interested in this groups input on places to stay. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Charlie

Lime Rock Digs

Welcome to the group Charlie!

I drive the 1 1/2 hours back and forth everyday, but there are many options for staying in the area. If you camp, many folks throw up a tent and stay right at the track. They have shower facilities available and you skip all the traffic. If you prefer a real roof over your head, there are many small towns which offer Bed and Breakfasts and Mom/Pop hotels. I would look for something in Great Barrington MA.... it is about a half hour from the track and has a lot charm.

VIzsla guest

It seems that the online ticket page for the festival isn't honoring the BMW discount.
    Anyone know why?
    Thanks,
    David

Estoril Blue

I have attended this event for the last 5 years. In some*(not all) past years - BMW has hosted a large courtesy tent on the hill with tables and chairs. Admission to that tent has been by special ticket (not the standard gate ticket). Two years - BMW dealers received and gave out tickets that they received from BMWNA. One year - the BMWCCA sold tickets.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get/buy such tickets this year?

Alan

Since BMW is not an official sponsorer of the event this year, they may not be putting up the hospitality tent. Any local members associated with dealerships know about that?

lcjhnsn

The official notification I got from BMWCCA is the same as the first post in this thread, no more detail than that.

I haven't seen anything different from our Chapter than the original CCA notification.

JES635

The Sheffield House in Sheffield MA is a nice B&B. Talk to Olie and tell her that John S. recomended her place to you. They serve a nice breakfast and all rooms have A/C.

One Week to Go!

Just a reminder... vintage racing, parade laps, a huge car show, and BMW 02 Fest Northeast is all happening next weekend at Lime Rock Park. This event has something for everyone! It looks like the Northeast will be hurricane free, so make sure your Labor Day Weekend plans include this event. To participate in some of the events, you need to contact Paul from the New Jersey Chapter, so please read the previous posts for information.

It's going to be a great weekend!

The weather is perfect, there are just shy of 300 cars racing this weekend, and there is only one thing missing.... BMW's on the track!!! As of yesterday, there were no bimmers registered to compete. Good thing the paddock and parking areas are covered with them. There is usually an M1 which shows up but I have not seen that yet.

This is such a great event. Owners are excited and eager to talk about their vehicles. Come out, sit on the hill, and watch these glorious machines do what they were built to do - race!

SBrasesco

What A Shame

It seems that BMWNA has slowly pulled out of this kind of sponsorship. I remember the days of the Victory Circle when BMW first campaigned an E36M3 w/ Team PTG.
    I will be there w/my son tomorrow Labor Day....keeping a 14 year tradition....I hope to see some members there.
    Regards
    S

lcjhnsn

118 pictures have been posted on my Facebook page...

Maybe if I get ambitious (or bored) I'll post them here too.

VIzsla guest

Some one correct me if I'm wrong but of all the cars there this weekend I didn't see a single 1 Series.
    Wazzup with that?

E92Dreier

Here's a few pics...

Estoril Blue

Some of my pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Estoril Blue

CSBM5

Do you have any more pics of the red 2800 that is right behind the 3.0CS in that first picture?