Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member, and a question..

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Thomas Maher Jr, Jun 10, 2009.

Thomas Maher Jr guest

Hello everyone!

I'm the owner of a 2000 M Roadster, Titanium Silver with Imola and Black interior. I live in North Jersey and recently became a Premier Member here at BMWCCA. I'm looking forward to meeting all my fellow bimmer owners and having good discussions.

Now my question.. When I post in the forum I noticed my avatar is blank, but all I would like is the BMWCCA image and member information like everyone else :)

Thanks in advance.

Wanderlustbob guest

I learned about this one the hard way, you just have to be patient. It takes a bit for them to get you all activated. When I was new here, late March, I got a bit too enthusiastic for it to happen. But trust me it will. You have nothing to worry about you signed up properly.

On the great note, welcoem to the club. I'm sure you will love it here, I know I do.

Thomas Maher Jr guest

Thanks Bob. I got locked out of my account and called BMWCCA to get it fixed and while I was at it I mentioned the logo and member thing and they were kind enough to fix that for me too.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

Glad to have you with us, Tom. . . or is it Thomas?! We never want to offend anybody! (well. . . usually.)

2000 M roadster, eh? That means... the S54 engine! Oooooh, sweeet! And it may be the very last straight six naturally aspirated M engine, too. . .

Thomas Maher Jr guest

Tom is fine with me ;)

I'm sporting the S52.

lcjhnsn

c'mon Satch, get your facts straight! S54 didn't come into the Z3 Ms until 2001

Sheesh [IMG]

BimmerZ guest

Welcome TM

I see u on Bfc too

Wanderlustbob guest

How you all know which model is which E impresses the crap out of me. I practically had to tattoo E93 inside my eye lid just to remember what my one and only BMW is.

Then again its only been a few months but it makes me laugh everytime someone rattles off a model and E.

CRKrieger

Well, it seems they're actually tossing 'S' numbers around. Those are the newest engine designators, not the chassis/bodyshell. Mine (to the left) is an E28 ('82-'88 5 Series) with an M30B34 engine ('Big Six' at 3.4 liters - prior to 1989). To be considered a true BMW Wonk©, you gotta be conversant in both.

granthr

Well CR I have the following! :D

E30 M10 1.8
    E30 S14
    E30 M20 2.5
    E36 M52 2.8

I guess I am not a true wonk though. B/C I am not sure if there should be a "B" in front of those displacements.

ACM1899 guest

welcome..............