Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2.8 Complete head replacement on both cars

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by Minoclan, May 26, 2009.

Minoclan guest

I have a 328xit with 30,000 miles and a 2008 528xi with 6,000 miles. When I took the 528 for service I mentioned an occasional tapping noise, No Big Deal. Two hours later I get a phone call that there is a design flaw and they are replacing the entire head. So I take the 328 to them, same thing. Two complete heads in one week, no questions asked. What is up with that? No recall?:confused:

az3579

Just be happy you're getting a brand spankin' new head on each of them. For free.
    I sure would be, defect or not. As long as the problem is rectified, that is.

06red330i

330i head replacement

bmw replaced the head on my 06 330i for they same simptoms, car had 22000 miles on it and i was told by the service writer that they had replaced heads on others, i live on the charlotte, nc. area.
    Bob

dmason2002

The new heads are upgraded with check valves

that keep more oil in the valve compensators, this is not changing how they run, it seems to be related to driving style, and most people don't notice the noise, thats why no recall.