Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Info on Alpina 635csi (turbo)

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by phanley, May 23, 2009.

phanley

Like the title says, can anyone give me a link to some technical information/articles on the 635csi (1983-euro import), fitted with an Alpina turbocharger? I haven't been able to find much of anything on my own.

I'm considering purchasing one of these to restore it. Any and all information will be helpful.

Thanks!

CSBM5

See the Alpina board section of m5board.com for where many owners hang out. You're referring to the Alpina B7 Turbo, and not knowing much about the car while wanting to buy one to restore doesn't seem to go together.:confused: Just the Pierburg injection system alone can suck down numerous thousands in a heartbeat.

If you have maybe $15,000 to play with to buy a B7 that needs serious work, then figure on at least another $20-30k+ to restore the car, and some parts won't be available anymore. You're much better off buying a decent example and paying up for it. There is a collector on the west coast selling some of his Alpina collection, and I think a B7 was in the mix. I believe I saw this perhaps a month ago in the for sale section of mye28.com site.

phanley

Chuck-thanks for the info. The offer seemed too good to be true; and after some investigation it turns out it was. It popped up on my local craigslist for cheap and I was considering taking on the project just because of the asking price was so low. Wishful thinking.

Cheers!
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Link please?

phanley

The car was sold, but it was a non-running car in as-is condition. It was also not a true B7, it just had the B7 motor.