Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Any advice in buying an e30?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 129794, May 12, 2009.

CRKrieger

az3579 is right. The eta will outrun the 318 easily. That engine had enough torque to haul around an E28, so an E30 is nothing. Also note that the 325es has cool body parts (front airdam and rear deck spoiler) and the same suspension as the 325is.

farute guest

Thanks for the feedback. Turns out now that my neighbor wants $1,000 which is not worth it to me. He is going to try to sell online. If he doesn't have any luck and comes down to $500, I'll have my independent shop check it over before making a decision. I agree with you that the auto tranny scares me with that many miles.

u248

I am here for the 1st time, and saw your inquiry. Are y still searching? I actually have a 1990/325i/ Titanium silver, w/ grey/blue interior, new bmw eng. installed in 01, w/ only 43k. This is not the 325is, but is exceptionally nice. It has been fully restored by Korman Autoworks, in Greensboro, NC, a Roundel advertiser. This E30 needs nothing and is ready to go. Would y be at all interested in this one?
    Give me a call at 740.282.9330, leave message, or email me at het49@yahoo.com

ACM1899 guest

When you say tranny swaps from auto to manual, what is the price range?