Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Free M School Initiative?

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by AuggieM3, May 10, 2009.

AuggieM3

Ok, so has anyone heard of this free m school offer by BMW for those who purchased their new M3 between September 1 and December 31 2008?

I was checking out some other forums (m3post to be specific) and I came across a guy very upset about not getting his free m school.

After a few gracious responses by the lucky recipients, I was told that BMW offered (and is still scheduling) a free 1 day m driving school at the performance center (not to be confused with the also offered free pickup and play time at the performance center) to anyone that signed on their new M3 during the last quarter of 2008.

If anyone has any further info, I'd appreciate it....like, is this a real offer? Is purchase date the only criteria? How were you alerted to the registration process? Do you have a phone number so others can check on eligibility?

My motives are a bit selfish - I bought my car a week after O-fest last year ( and took performance center delivery almost immediately in early October) - if I'm eligible for this other opportunity than that would be awesome!

I was fortunate enough to do the 2 day m school in 2003 after I bought my e46 m3 and loved every second...which only makes me more pumped at the possibility of another visit, gratis.

Thanks in advance for any help!

dcgolfdr guest

i bought my car last september and am scheduled for the free 1 day next friday. this is a legit offer, do a search on m3post and you will find the number that you have to call. i found out about the offer on m3post but eventually i received info from a dealer, not the one that sold me the car. you will need to fax your registration and bill of sale to bmw, once that is done they will contact you for when spots are available. it was very easy to schedule. hopefully this helps.

wanesso

Is this M school day in South Carolina?

AuggieM3

Yes, its the BMW performance driving school - 1 day M school program. I'm registered for December and can't wait. Still can't believe its included with the purchase of the car - and you can bring a guest!

They cover everything but airfare - hotel accommodations, some meals, and, of course, m cars to play with.

Looking forward to it...

wanesso

M school

Wow---they certainly do not advertise this. I will sign up for Dec or Jan. Who do I contact to set this up? I'm so glad I checked in to the bmwcca.org site!

catmundu

well, i attended the 2 day m school and now i want an e92 m3. :D now youse guys tell me if i do get the e92 m3 i get to go back for a 1 day m school???!!!! :D :eek: the idea of living w/ 1 kidney is getting to sound better and better. :)

bharatmd guest

free m school offer

current issue of Roundel magazine says, BMWNA is offering free m school for buyers of new M3.but it's old news, according to performance center!!!! why would roundel print such an article? its confusing and unclear about the offer. the editor,please clarify.thanks

wlazo

View attachment 1766
    If you purchased your new M3 after 12/31/08 you are out of luck as the free 1 day M school is over.

It is too bad because it is a great experience, I just went to mine last week and it is definitely something that opens up your eyes in terms of what the car can do, and what you can do with the car, the fact that you can bring a guest who has access to the full blown experience also (sans the hotel room, you will have to share that) is incredible.
    I hope BMW begins to offer this free to M3 drivers as a norm, but I doubt very much that is going to happen any time soon, I don't think even the M5 and M6 owners get the 1 day M school free (they get a watered down version of it) when they buy their cars.