Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

increaes hp?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by ppimpinella, Mar 25, 2008.

Gumby74 guest

Thanks for the help. Now if I could just find one on ebay. Sent a message off to signature motoring to get a quote. Hopefully it wont be too much more.

rcryder325 guest

I think mine was $90 off of ebay. The guy who I bought it from buys them in bulk from Signature and he said sometimes it takes a week or two when he runs out before he gets more back up on ebay. But he said he continually puts them on there. So if you don't see one now you can wait a couple days or so or I guess just buy it form Signature but I think it cost a bit more from them.

rcryder325 guest

rcryder325 guest

what car do you have by the way?

Gumby74 guest

Funny you say that as I've been trying to get my sig to work properly.

Just bought a 2000 328ci.

Ahh there we go sigs finally working.

rcryder325 guest

yeah i changed mine last night and today it was back to the old sig, so i had to change it again. weird.
    the shield on ebay will work for your car.

M3Driver guest

Well, it will not increase your hp, but best bang for the buck would be some gears. I put the Dinan gears in my 01 330Ci when I had it.

my .02...

Cheers..

Gumby74 guest

I hope I'm not getting scammed here by this ebay listing. Did a little research and the one listed, that I have already put a bid on, is by a different seller with a 1 rating. He is using the same photos and description layout as the one originally posted in the begining of this thread. I have sent a couple ask the seller a question emails, but he only replied to the one about whether or not this model had mounting hardware. If I don't hear back in the next day or so I guess I'll have to report it to ebay. Here's to hoping for the best. Wish me luck.

rcryder325 guest

weird I don't know if thats the same person I bought from or not. I bought mine a while ago and just did a general search and posted that cus it was the same product. That is fishy about the 1 rating. However I will answer the mounting hardware question for you, it just drops into your engine bay and fits snugly in, there is no screwing anything in. I can't remember who I bought from originally I'll do some back tracking and get back to you on that one.

ok found the original guy so I am editing this post the guy still has an item up so here you go...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...008QQitemZ180233491181QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    sorry for posting that other one I forgot to look at the name to make sure it was the same guy. the seller i bought one from has the route 66 page header on it.

RussSwift

You get more horsepower by being able to take in more air and move out more exhaust. A high volume air filter kit will start adding air and a small cost. I larger diameter exhause will permit more exhause, and at the same time you can look for a sound you like, but you're probably talking about $1000. There are other small add on that may or may not work. A power chip adds horse power at the higher end, but where can you go fast enough to make it worth the cost. Check the available BMW parts supplier like Bavarian Autosport. Good luck, and while you are at it, think about a radar detector.

VR, Russ Swift

snikwad guest

Rcryder, dude. Your car is looking good dude. Nicely done.

rcryder325 guest

The 101 is where you can go that fast and utilize that chip, I love taking a trip to LA or San Francisco and ripping it open at 80 and being at 120 and far away from all the other cars around me before I know it. That also has to do with the fact that I have an exhaust and dinan high flow intake on top of the shark injector. The combination turns it into such a different car its amazing. My 325i can run with 330i's as well as a lot of other cars I couldn't hang with before. My low end is also a lot quicker because of those add ons. Next I think I am going to get are under drive pulleys. I just got some suspension components so I have to wait before I have enough money to wast on more power adders. Who knows down the line I might have to get that supercharger I've always wanted haha :D

rcryder325 guest

Thanks! I just dropped it on H&R springs and blisteins, its not that low cus theyre the sport springs and not the race springs, they dropped about .75-.85 in the rear and around .25 in the front maybe a little more, and I have some H&R sway bars in the mail.