Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

what seats can swapped into an E91?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by breadman, May 3, 2009.

breadman

[IMG]
    I am the proud new owner of a non-sport package E91. I would like to know what sort of seats from other BMW models I could possibly swap right into my new car. (Must be a clean, simple swap, no fabrication.) For example, would the sport seats from a 328i or 335 go right in, or is there any difference in the mounting rails? Are airbag hook ups interchangeable between my E91 and say, an E46 M3? Has anyone ever swapped their seats in situation like this? I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money -- but if a wrecked or parted out BMW came up available I'd like to know what would work or what wouldn't.

az3579

Well, I'm not too familiar with newer cars, but I can tell you this with absolute certainty:
    If you were to swap seats in for YOUR car, you WILL pay a lot of money for the seats. It's such a new car and the seats aren't as available. There aren't too many of these in junkyards yet (if any), so if you do find some, they may not be the right color, or may be the wrong type (regular vs sport). I would assume that you can swap in sport seats from the same model type (E9x 3-series sedan/touring models) as I don't see why they would change the mounting system in any way.

tturedraider

Congrats on your new sport wagon! Yes, sport seats from any E90 or E91 should be a direct swap and I'm almost 100% certain the airbag sensor in the passenger seat will be a direct connection. If you do a swap it would probably be a good idea to disconnect the battery first to prevent the airbag computer from thinking something has gone wrong with the passenger seat sensor. And be aware there was a recall on some '06 E90s passenger seat sensors.

jlwsbw

Im driving an 08 E91 and have the sport pkg...get hold of some sport seats, they are magnificent.