Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ring Suggestions?

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by docedkin, Apr 20, 2009.

docedkin

I pick up my '09 335i E92 in Munich on April 23. My wife and I are driving through France, across the mountains in Spain, back up through France to Belgium, and then to the Nurburing. I've read the site information for the facility and have been lurking a bit on the UK Ringer site. I plan to take a few gentle laps on the evening of May 4. We'll take a boat ride on the next day and drop off the car back in Munich before leaving for home on May 7th. Before I get to The Ring, I'll have about 3.5km on the car and will have experienced highways, secondary roads, some mountain passes, and city traffic. I've owned three BMW cars and currently have two BMW motorcycles. However, this will be my first track experience. Suggestions for me? For the car? Anything related to all this I should be aware of regarding the whole European Delivery experience?

Wayne Edkin
    Central NY
    '06 330i E90, Just Traded in, Carbone BMW, Utica, NY
    '09 335i E92, Waiting in Munich
    '05 K1200LT
    '74 R 60/6

1996 328ti guest

I don't believe your insurance will cover you if something should happen.
    Might want to check first.

docedkin

The European Delivery package speaks of complete insurance coverage and The Ring, when open for tourist use, is listed as a public German toll road. However, your suggestion is a good one. I'll ask at the Welt before I leave with the car. That will give us time to rearrange plans if necessary. There has also been some issues regarding the Zoll tourist plates on the car but those plates are fine as members of the UK Ringer site report many examples of those plates on the Ring for the last year or so. Others on the CCA forum report going to the Ring with European Delivery. How do they do it? Thanks for the heads-up.

chaz58 guest

CRKrieger

Say 'Hallo' to Sabine from the Badger Bimmers ...

386530 guest

Ticket sales reduced to Monday Specials

If you are interested, the "Monday specials" are the only tickets available. You need to register to be notified if any tickets become available.

Last date open was November 1st for reservations after ticket purchase is completed.

Good luck !

ForcedInduction guest

Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring website is the most complete information site that I know of for The Ring. Most insurance does not cover The Ring and it may be a gray or red area for ED insurance?

It's also worth mentioning that for those who can't make it to the Nurburgring, the Hochenheimring also has tourists driving on a much smaller scale than the Nordschleife. Always confirm open dates/times and schedules as they are subject to frequent changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockenheimring

kloh guest

Pray for good weather. The Ring was to be the hilight of my trip, but on the day we were supposed to drive it, it was fogged over. Given the opportunity, I would have stayed extra days in the area to ensure time on the track. However, like most ED'ers, my plans were already set and I had to fly home without getting on the track :(

ForcedInduction guest

The weather at one end of the Ring can be sunny and rain or snow at the other end. ;)

TeamStowell We love driving!

Congrats!

Hello Wayne, and welcome to the group. Beverly and I have done some business with Carbone (95 E34 and 00 E39) and been very happy with them. If you are interested, I am sure the Patroon chapter would love to read about your European delivery if you get a chance to document it when you return! Thank you and enjoy.

Jonathan Spira guest

You think he might stilll be in Europe? :confused:

ForcedInduction guest

He might have decided to not hurry back? :D

TeamStowell We love driving!

Wow, I guess it all depends on which April 23rd he speaks of... :eek:

I had better check the membership report and give him a call to make sure he made it back. No wonder national levels are declining... they are staying in Europe!

ForcedInduction guest

You just never know four sure. :confused: