Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Should I buy my 1992 525i back?

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by Autohaus, Mar 24, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I need advice from other Bimmerheads out there. I sold my 1992 525i 5-speed last year with 173K because I was in between jobs and needed the extra ca$h. It now has 182K. It is in excellent condition and has had the coolant stuff replaced, which is prone to failure if not replaced at 60K intervals. For $2K, would you buy it back? Wife said, "I guess!". I was thinking about putting that $2k for our move to FL eventually. What to do?!

Chris
    Beacon, NY

1987 528e (auto, first car and still got it!)
    1992 535i (auto, in BMW heaven)
    1992 525i (stick, might come back home)
    2001 525i (stick, daily driver)
    2003 325xi (auto, wife's car. Picked this over a 1997 850ci :confused: I know, right!!!)

mneidert

A 1992 525iM w/182k and new cooling system parts for $2k??

If you don't buy it, I WILL!

Thanks,
    Matt

flipjoz guest

u should buy it back. or it will go to someone else that who might nt take care of it.

az3579

Let me be the voice of reason here.

You've got 3 Bimmers as it is. Do you really have space for another one? Do you really need another one? Are you trying to compete with Bimmerdan's collection of feisty Bimmers? If you can say no to any of these questions, then I personally don't think you should buy it.

But what I think you should do is find it a really good home, perhaps with a friend or family member, with someone who will take care of it and give you the peace of mind that despite you not buying it, it will be OK.

Autohaus guest

A week after posting this like 4+ months ago, I decided against it. With the move to FL coming up, no need for a 4th BMW. Also, this will make you guys :eek: but my future brother in law totaled the car :(. About 2 months ago, he was at a gas station and some "foreign object" that wasn't covered with cones was sticking out from the ground. I have no idea how he went over it, but he claims that he didn't see it and it ruined the steering rack, arms, bushings, spoiler, and one rim. He calls me up, tells me that he wants to get a newer bimmer (E46, E39, etc...), so I was willing to FIND one for him around his price range. He then does an about face and buys INSTEAD a 2006 Dodge Magnum. Gimme mine! 5 year loan and now he said that he made a mistake. Ya think?! My E28 has more options compared to that hunk of junk. Now you guys know why whenever I look at a non BMW automobile, I just shake my head (unless its an Italian, Porsche, other exotic, antique, etc...). However, this was the 2nd E34 that I have owned that got totaled. 92 535i got hit in the Bronx by a women, and this 92 525i that I sold to my future brother in law last year and it got totaled. Maybe one day down the road I will get another E34, but I hope it won't be 3 strikes and I'm out.

az3579

Ach, I can't believe this thread is so old. I didn't bother checking the dates like I usually do; why do people keep resurrecting old threads? [IMG]