Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Movie "Truth in 24"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wanderlustbob, Apr 11, 2009.

Wanderlustbob guest

A few days ago in iTunes I was able to download To quote IMDB "A documentary about the 24 Hours of Le Mans and out-racing the odds." Unfortunately there is not a mention of BMW in the move at all but the movie was a FREE download.

It made good entertainment for the flight home from Canada.

John in VA

It was entertaining - a great commercial for Audi.

breadman

It is pretty much an extended PR piece for Audi. It focuses on the Audi-Peugeot contest for the LMP1 title, and really doesn't feature the other classes or marques at all.

The funny thing is, the program showcases the Audi R10's diesel engine, but it is BMW who is bringing a diesel engine to the U.S. in the form of the 335d (which I have driven -- it's very impressive), whereas Audi has not yet capitalized on their Le Mans victories with diesel offerings in anything other than Q7s as far as I know.

az3579

I think that's irrelevant to why they don't have the diesels here in more of their models. It's not like BMW has a heap of diesel offerings either, only what, one?

This documentary/film/whatever was an excellent watch. It's too bad there aren't too many others like it.

breadman

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not addressing why Audi doesn't have more diesel offerings. I'm just observing that Audi doesn't seem to be capitalizing on the success of their racing program in the traditional "race on Sunday-sell on Monday" manner as well as they possibly could.I did enjoy the "Truth In 24" documentary though.

az3579

Sorry 'bout that, I must have misunderstood... :eek:

breadman

I should add that I currently own 3 Audis, and zero BMWs so far, but I'd have already ordered a 335d by now if I could get that 0.9% interest rate on that model. I was really impressed with the power and fuel economy of the 335d.