Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

PCS'ing to England next year

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by dmrhudy, Apr 10, 2009.

dmrhudy guest

I'm active duty. I'm taking orders to England next year. The military will ship my car with the rest of my stuff. So, I wanted to know what I need to do to my '97 328i (5-spd) to prepare her for England.

afclanracer guest

Rust-proof the bottom and buy really good all weather tires:D

MGarrison

I can't imagine what you'd actually need to do to prep it. You might call contact BMW NA or BMW UK and ask, although I don't know if you'd get a useable answer. Better bet would be to find someone perhaps on bimmerforums who actually knows something about it and can offer up an objective response.

I'd think the hard part would be getting used to driving your left-hand-drive car in a right-hand-drive country. Your sight lines for right-hand turns might be less than optimal, but I don't know, really. Good luck w/ it though, and give yourself some time to get used to the traffic flow being reversed. Driving habits are hard to change quickly!

damien_ro guest

granthr

Headlights might be an issue. Our low beams point to the right a little, which will be right into oncoming traffic in the UK. At a minimum you will have to tape a small section of your headlights, but you might have to replace them with UK spec lights.