Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

PIAA Replacement Headlights?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by blf609, Apr 9, 2009.

blf609

What's the experience with the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs?

My 03 325xi (bought as a CPO) has never seemed to have headlights as far reaching as I believe they should be. I've noticed that compared to both my previous BMW's and especially compared to my wife's Lexus (yes, the Lexus has Xenons; I know they're better).

I'mwondering if the PIAA's will be a noticeable improvement over the OEM bulbs?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Dunno about the PIAA, but Sylvania/Osram Silverstars are great. They cost darn near $20 each, but they make a huge difference.

I always thought PIAA was overrated at their price, then I won a pair of them at the Bav Auto Show and Shine some years ago. I figured, what the heck i'll try 'em. I had a 325is at the time with euro H7 headlights. Needless to say PIAA is the only bulb I will use in my Bimmers from now on. The difference in brightness was significant.

The e46 I have now does not have HID. I was kinda bummed when i notice that the didn't have em. I got a pair of PIAA bulbs I have no desire for HID.

The drawback is they only last about a year. I usually find relpcaements on ebay for around $60/pr. I use the xtreme white plus.

Definently worth the money in my opinion.

granthr

+2 I believe that PIAAs are overrated and overpriced. I have owned them in the past. So I am speaking from experience.

I am a big fan of euro Philips bulbs. I like their Vision Plus bulb. I source my bulbs from http://www.autolamps-online.com/home.htm. The price includes shipping. Philips bulbs have lasted me years and years. The set in my 318i is fives old and the set in my M3 is six years old. Just bought a set today for my ix. :D