Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

March Roundel

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mousemaster, Apr 8, 2009.

mousemaster

Hi

I enjoyed the recent March Roundel and especially the article by Terry Shea on tires.

Tire Test: ADVAN AD08 by TERRY SHEA
    We thought Yokohama had built a pretty good tire
    with the Neova ADVAN AD07. But the AD08 is
    even better.

I asked Satch to provide me with author Shea's email address so I can ask about the WHEELS on the one series that he photographed. Those wheels appear to have a black center with a reddish rim around the edge. If you check the photo you will see that this is not simply a painted pin stripe along the edge but rather the entire flat surface of the wheel is a metallic red color.

Very nice !

I would like to have a set for my E46. However, I cannot find the brand name and no one at Roundel is helping me contact the author.

Does anyone recognize them????

Mousemaster
    • Staff

steven s

Check you PM.

vvurdsmyth guest

my recently acquired '86 325 came with Hankook, Optimo H418's. Being this my 5th Beemer, it was immediately apparent theres was no tire spin taking off from a light, even with a heavy foot, and no hint of slide upon breaking, even on an asserted stop, in on wet pavement or in the rain. I haven't really pushed it yet, and I should so that I know the tire's limits, but, so far, there have been many instances where I was expecting to break traction and it didn't happen.
    TireTrack.com's survey includes the H' H408's, not the H418, but I am surprised the tire rated only better than average:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=AS
    The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred took the top spot. If there is anything better than the Hankooks, I'd expect it to be like on rails...