Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by OBX BMW, Apr 6, 2009.

OBX BMW guest

I've search for BMW dealership ratings and couldn't find any. With seven BMW dealers within twenty miles of where I purchased my BMW it would be nice to know which are the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please submit your opinionss of the dealer nearest you regarding their customer service. If they are good say so, if bad or ugly say so and don't pull any punches.

cwerley guest

Denver, CO

There are 2 dealerships in the Denver metro area (not counting Boulder & Colo Spgs). And they couldn't be more night & day.

- Murray: I test drove a 325 there almost 3 years ago. And when I found myself without a car 4 days before my wedding and on my birthday (2 months after the test drive) I called them up. The sales guy didn't remember me (which honestly didn't surprise or upset me), but was completely unwilling to do any legwork with me over the phone to get a sale. And I committed to him that I was buying a car THAT VERY day because I had to drive 500 miles the next day to get to the wedding location. :confused: (Crested Butte BTW, some great twisties on the way). I've tried a couple of other times to work with them (looking for my next car!) and still feel like they don't really want my business. Easy enough.
    - Ralph Schomp: I ended up buying my 2006 330xi from RS. Yes, the same day Murray decided not to help me. And it turned out they had to get the car I wanted from Murray. (Karma? hm.) Regardless - RS staff have always been professional and helpful. I've been working with a Sales guy the last few months to narrow down what I want on my next car (lease is up in Aug) and he's been patient, responsive, informative. He checks in if he hasn't heard from me in a few weeks but he's never been pushy and has earned my business. The new RS buildings are simply beautiful too. Modern with a nod to bimmer heritage inside.

When people ask who my dealer is, it's a no-brainer: Ralph Schomp. I don't have time/energy for the snobery of Murray.

mrglock

The dealership near me is Twin City BMW - Savoy, IL. (Champaign-Urbana) This dealership provides the Ultimate service shop experience. The staff in the shop go out of their way to make sure that the customer is taken care of. No matter if it is the X3, e90 330i or my old e39 528i I was treated like a king. Whether or not my car was under warranty or not I was always asked if I needed a loaner vehicle. I truly believe that this shop understands the meaning of the word service.

Once I had my e39 in for some major service and they were assisting me and trying to save me money. I did not work out however they waived the labor cost because they told me they could save me money. In addition also discounted the parts 15% and gave me a loaner X3 to run errands. Long story short, I purchased the X3 loaner for my wife. I guess the super service worked. ;-)

mlweaver

I have to put in a grateful mention of Gault AutoSport BMW in Endicott, NY. This dealership has made a special effort for the E31 (8 series) owners in the world to help us obtain parts for these old cars. We are a mentally impaired, but stubborn tribe, and Gault does a good job for us. Thanks!