Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Eagle One Nanowash + Wax

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by az3579, Mar 28, 2009.

az3579

Today, I went out to handwash my car for the first time this year. I had everything I needed except my car wash stuff. What I usually use is Eagle One Bucketless Car Wash, which is a spray that you spray onto the body panel, lather and wash with the mitt, and then hose off. Much easier than using a bucket. Turns out, someone stole it, and I can't find this product anywhere in the stores anymore or anything like it. So, I bit the bullet and bought a bucket and some car wash stuff.

The product I bought is Eagle One Nanowash + Wax. Interesting idea, I thought as I read the label. It contains pure carnauba wax. Okay, I fill the bucket with water, add an ounce-and-a-half of this stuff, spray it a bit to get it "activated" and start the wash.

Here I am hours later, and it's drizzling outside. It will be raining soon, so I thought I'd go outside and see how this stuff works.

Keep in mind I personally have only waxed my car once, so I still have no idea what a waxed car should look like when wet. I have taken some pictures, so I would appreciate it if someone could confirm whether or not this stuff actually works:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

az3579

[IMG]

So, does it look waxed or not?

Lonestar5

It does not really look like it has been waxed, certainly not with carnauba wax. But then you used a wash/wax product, with which I am not familiar. It is probably better (slightly) than nothing but not as good as a true wax.

az3579

Anyone else have an opinion? It looks like it's beading up; at least after today's rain it does. I've seen some non-waxed cars look different to this with the rain on the body. I need a definitive answer so I can plan a date for a wax if need be...

zaxjax guest

It's beading but not very well. The drops sound be perfectly symetrical and those look so-so.

granthr

Botond, nothing beats a true wax. You should really put on a two to three layers of wax to really protect the paint. It will give it a really deep shine and as mentioned above, the water beads will be perfectly round. Also when washing the car your mit will slip right off along with any dirt!!!!

So you have some beading of water, and it is probably better than nothing. But for real protection you will have to invest in some real wax and elbow greese or an orbital!! I am a big Zymol fan and that is what I use on my E36 and E30 M3 as the paint on those cars are near perfect. My E30 318i needs new paint, but I still wax it with the cheap retail store Zymol. I try and wax my cars three or four times a year. Although I only wax my M3 once a year because it is not outside very much, so the wax holds up much longer.

Qunadry

Do yourself a big favor; wash the car, polish it, seal and glaze, and then use a carnuba wax. You will then see what a waxed car looks like.

az3579

Holy God, guys... I'm not against waxing at all. Hell, I was going to do it soon anyway. I was just wondering if this particular wash does what it says it does...

I KNOW I won't get the same protection, but since I've only waxed the car once since I've had it (the only time I ever waxed a car in general) I wasn't too sure if this was beading the way it was supposed to.

But if you think that it's beading as though it's waxed but not very well, I at least know that I can keep using the wash on top of waxing the car when it should be done. At least this way, when I wax the car, the wash wax will kind of help protect the wax coating that I manually put on there. Sounds like a plan, right?

Is there such a thing as "too much waxing" that can result in this scenario where I'm washing the car with a wash that has a wax in it and then manually wax the car?

bluewagon

make your car looklike new

1 Wash any way you want
    2 Using Griots speed shine and clay. Clay your entire car
    3 Polish using Griots #4 polish and a random orbital polisher.
    4 Go to wetpaintglaze .com Use this product and never wash again
    The blue wagon on their gallery is my car.