Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Panic Mode

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by krisT, Mar 27, 2009.

krisT guest

I read the ever large manual for the car, (2009 335i Coupe) and it says to activate the panic on the remote, you just hold the trunk button down for a few seconds. Well, tried that, nothing happened. Then, I tried holding the lock button down for a few seconds (the BMW logo button) and nothing happened. And know that when you press the unlock button it will unlock and then roll the windows down and sunroof open, so that button didn't need testing for the panic. Any insights? I'm hoping to never have to need it, but then again, its always good to know just...in...case....

Thanks!

mlandau guest

I believe you need to have the alarm installed before that would work. Do you have an alarm installed? Forgive me if you already know this, but they don't come with an alarm like every other somewhat premium car out there.

Wanderlustbob guest

Wow I just got a 335i Convertible and had the same question. Does it really not have an alarm : (

krisT guest

I didn't know it didn't come with an alarm. huh, go figure. So I guess I have to go and get that installed then...

Thanks!!

mlandau guest

Nope, it comes "pre-wired" for an alarm, but does not come with an alarm. That's a dealer installed option, that runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $600. BMW sure knows how to turn a profit.

Wanderlustbob guest

: ( more of my $$$-------->BMW dealer. UGH!!!!