Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Milwaukee Member saying hi!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mekihead, Mar 26, 2009.

Mekihead guest

"HI!"

My name is Mark, and I'm a Bimmer Addict. It started 6 years ago when I bought a low mileage 95 M3. We've been inseperable since. It's actually the car that got me interested in cars. Prior to it, I hardly looked at them. Now, I own a nice box of tools, do all my own wrenching and autocross it. I consider myself now an above average e36 guru. I can pretty much tell you everything about this car and engine. I've replaced anything that needs replacing with performance parts, so it's low, loud, fast and fun. I figured I better join the club since I've had it long enough.

I'm looking forward to going to BlackHawk Farms in a few months. It'll be my first time at a track where I'm not just watching someone whiz by.

CRKrieger

Close the sunroof, check your ego at the gate, and listen carefully to my friends. Your autocross experience will help at Blackhawk, but it will still amaze you how much you have to learn.

Mekihead guest

I understand most of what you said, but the sunroof thing baffles and frightens me. I'm 6'2" with a massive noggin. I need the roof open so my don't have to drive with my head permanently cocked to the side. Why close the roof? In case the shiny side wants a closer look at the pavement?

CRKrieger

You might get a break (but I doubt it) because the Blackhawk events are officially PCA events where Badger Bimmers members are welcome. It is a pure safety issue. No insurer wants you to have any parts dangling outside the car as you go rolling merrily into a tire wall - especially if it's your head.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Interesting

Creiger says:

So why do we have to have the windows down?

ANYway: For my money, the '95 three-liter is THE M3 to have, if you're talkin' E36. . .

And now it looks like I know what happened to the M wheels on my roadster!

CRKrieger

Been awhile since I saw it butchered up that bad, Cralssen. :p
    It's so your friendly loyal corner workers can drag out the parts that are left more easily ... :D

Mekihead guest

Geez, you guys make it sound like each corner worker carries a Jaws-of-life and a pocket of gladbags for easy body part cleanup.

MGarrison

They don't?? :p gosh.......

CRKrieger

It would amaze you what they have ... ;)