Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Isetta tires

Discussion in 'Isetta (1955-1962)' started by bmw22mel, Mar 24, 2009.

bmw22mel guest

Does anybody have a source for the 4.80 x 10 tires for the Isetta? (I know about Coker)

Mekihead guest

10 minutes of googling found me some things. Instead of searching for 4.80x10, try 480-10.

Allegiance tire has them. But they ain't cheap for such a tiny thing.
    http://www.allegiancetire.com/dbpgs/vintage/bfgoodrich.asp

So does Performance Plus tires.
    http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/otherTires/subSection/antiqueTires/products/otherTires/subSection/antiqueTires/searchType/searchBySize/sizeShort/480-10/productID/2360/antiqueTireDataID/2426?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=feed#prodAnchor

CRKrieger

Isn't that a common trailer tire size?

Edit: OK; maybe not. Metric tires near that size (120-10, 130-10) seem to be around $40, though.

bmw22mel guest

Thanks for the info; I came up with similar results...someone suggested wheelbarrow tires...

MGarrison

Ok, I know this is off topic, but nobody's avatar has given me the laugh that Mekihead's has - very funny pic, Meki! :p

Mekihead guest

Thanks, dude. I've had that pic for years. Even before that awesome lolcat phenomenon. I still giggle at it occasionally. I'm not a cat guy, I just like messing with them.

CRKrieger

The ones I was seeing were being sold primarily for motorscooters or trailers. That would be for similar loading and speeds, so I would go with those before using a wheelbarrow tire.

granthr

+2 My eyes are watering over here! :D
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

MGarrison

Brian A

It's hilarious that one of the three reviews for these puppies is from someone who has used them on their 1962 Porsche.

mattm

Hemmings Motor News might have some vendor who handles strang sized tires.

bmw22mel guest

Thanks y'all, we are probably going with the Kumhos. Tire Rack...who knew? (D'OH!)