Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

center brake light

Discussion in 'E89 Z4 (2009-present)' started by brianpabent, Mar 24, 2009.

brianpabent guest

Greetings

The center brake light cover on my z4 has been cracked for some time. A large piece has finally broken off so I guess it is time to fix it. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement cover and how easy it is to fix?

Thanks
    Brian

John in VA

Every dealer will carry the part (and many offer a 'CCA discount), as will many other parts places (BavAuto, BMP, Pelican, AutohausAZ).
    Find your part number at the supplied link, and start calling around for the best price:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

mac townsend guest

when did center brake light appear on BMWs?

my car, an 84, has a rear parcel shelf with provision for such but I thought the Fed requirement was 87 year.

may heve been repaced because of better speaker location?

gokartmozart guest

The center brake cover on trunk on early Z4s all cracked due to the design of the screws, given time. I would imagine a courtesy install is in order, since there was a BMW bulletin about this around 2006 (when the flaw became apparent) and part updated. A good, experienced Service Advisor will know about it.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Mact,
    center brake lights showed up in the 86 BMWs IIRC. Your parcel shelf was likely replaced. Have you been to realoem.com to find parts info? Definitely worth it. A quick perusal has just shown me that the parcel shelf changed in 9/85, which is the start of the 86MY build.