Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 versus 335? Really!

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by cwerley, Mar 17, 2009.

cwerley guest

God help me but that's a serious question. I'm currently leasing a 2006 330xi (my first bimmer and now I'm a convert!) that I've been happy with but am ready for a bit more punch. Lease is up early August and I've driven a few different options trying to figure out what to do next.

135: what a blast! An incredible track car without a doubt. But a little rough around the edges for what I like. Not really an option for me.

335: I've decided sports package is a MUST. Loved the turbo & response off the throttle (must have had the latest sw update). I'm in Colo so AWD is nice-to-have but my husband has a big truck so really not too big a concern. Torn between leasing again or buying. Really enjoyed the drive and was 99% sure I was going to order one just to my liking until...

M3: drove one tonight for the first time and... it's exactly what I would expect an M3 to be. Outrageous, still refined and everything I could ever want in a daily driver AND at the track. Would definitely buy as, well, what else is there after an M, right?

I know it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison but that's the dilemma I'm in. Add in all the fun press time I've seen on Top Gear & it seems like it should be an easy decision, but I can't help thinking about the 335 and the fun I had in it too. Is the M3 worth that much more than the 335?

Jbeene guest

Yup, its worth every penny.

I had a 335i Dinan S2 coupe and s 335i sedan with sport and premium packages. I switched to the M3 about 6 months ago. Love it.

Tonight I had a friend who bought my 335i in the M3 with me and he couldn't stop going on about how much more car the M3 is, even from the passenger seat.

Nicer interior finishing, better seats, that V8 rumble (soon to get even better with install of the Dinan exhaust).

I liked my 335's alot but I LOVE my M3.