Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E12 2nd generation (1975-1981) Wrong !

Discussion in 'E12 (1975-1981)' started by alotawatts, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

alotawatts

Anyone else notice that this forum title is incorrect ?
    E12's are 1st generation 5 series....not 2nd (E28)
    :)

az3579

I've called them on a few other mistakes but it doesn't look like any of these were taken care of. This was a looooong time ago...

tackett37 guest

E12

I don't know i always thougth my 74 bavaria was 1st gen and my 76 3.0SI was 2nd gen.I really don't think its all that important its a BMW and i enjoy driving them.

bcweir

It shows as correct on my screen.

See attached screen capture. I circled the forum title in red.

The moderators are usually pretty good at catching and correcting these errors. But let's not forget that with regard to anything created by human beings, anything is subject to flaws, mistakes, shortcomings.

Let's try not to hit anybody over the head too hard when we ourselves aren't any closer to perfect either.
    • Staff

steven s

What am I missing?
    It says E12 1st gen.

CRKrieger

It IS a year-old thread ...
    • Staff

steven s

But the previous post was from today. :confused:

bcweir

The original poster of this thread posted this on March 17 2009

Which was LAST year. Normally this would have stayed buried, but someone was apparently trolling the threads and decided to bring it back to life by responding to it now.

alotofwatts posted this to point out that the original title of this E12 forum had the production dates for the E28 (1982 to 1988), not the E12. It's apparently long since been corrected, but tackett37 brought the post back to life by responding to it. I don't think it was intentional.

For mistakes like this, I believe it's always more discreet to send a private message or an email directly to the moderators or webmasters to correct. It's silly, IMHO to call attention to mistakes using the public thread system, because what happens is that when the webmaster corrects the mistake, the thread is still there, making the OP the one who looks silly instead.
    • Staff

steven s

So it looks like it was fixed some time ago.

/closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.