Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member: M3 at last!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by davidnewman, Mar 17, 2009.

davidnewman guest

Hi all!

Glad to be a brand new BMWCCA member (minty fresh as of today) and thrilled to be driving my first BMW as of 2/28/09... a silver 2006 ///M3 convertible with 13k miles on it.

I have a manila file folder that I unearthed recently in preparation for this purchase containing printouts, forum posts, and articles from www.bmwcca.org that are dated 1997. So you might say I've been looking forward to this moment for quite some time!

Eager to hear advice, input, and recommendations from the community here - especially since I'm much more the driver and NOT the technician.

I'm outside Philadelphia (Bryn Mawr, PA) and eager to connect with my Delaware Valley chapter folks as well.

Off we go...

-- David

John in VA

Welcome to the club! The Del Valley chapter isn't far from the DC area (.National Capital Chapter). Maybe we can coax you into the area with some of our events.

davidnewman guest

John,

WHAT?!? That's a crazy idea... surely you don't expect me to drive my new BMW down to DC on the autob... er, on I-95? With large stretches of open road? And the top down? And... hmm, wait a minute... this is sounding pretty good!!

Thanks for the invite.

-- D.

az3579

Yep, that's what the cop will think when he's writing out a huge ticket for doing 100+ on I-95, if he's not arresting you. :D

I'm the same way with the M3; I can't wait till I can own my first one. Gives me something to look forward to; glad you're living the dream. Welcome to our house of insanity!

drummerfc

Welcome!! Glad to have ya... :D

Like the rest of us are _SO_ technically advanced with our Bimmers!

Ahhh...a fellow PhilthySmellPhian...how 'bout dem PHILS! Perhaps I'll see you at a chapter event sometime.

granthr

Welcome! The Del Val Chapter is having a meeting at VAC's Motorsport (South Philly) on April 16. I am planning to go. http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/

Ah, South Philly, I will probably be in the 318i :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum, David!

And don't sweat the mechanicals; in the 40th anniversary of the Club, I'd say the active dirt-under-the-nails wrench-wielders are outnumbered by people who spend more time playing with their cars than working on them. . . .

If they still had carburetors 'n' stuff, it might be a different story; but these days, I can't even identify many of the mysterious objects under the hood, let alone work on them!