Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Strong Strut...Finally Installed!

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by jituji70, Mar 15, 2009.

jituji70

What an ordeal! Mainly due to my two left hands and certainly not the product or the superb service provided by Paul Ebeyer from Strong Strut. I think I must've taken a week of his life bugging him about trivial things. One modification during the installation I had to do was shave the plastic cover piece of the positive terminal box on the passenger side in various areas to fit the passenger strut tower plate properly. Otherwise, the whole installation took less than 20 minutes. Overall:

1. my front end is not as "lively", which was one regret I had with changing my suspension to bilstein HD and eibach sports from non-sport e46 model. Now the car is actually smoother over bumps and really works as a unit.
    2. My windows actually creak less, no joke. This has been a bane for me and I've had my seal changed a couple of times in the last 7 years of ownership; overnight, it's at least 80% better.
    3. Turn in seems a little better, but it was already pretty tight with my current set up, so not sure if I'm just imagining it.
    4. it looks fantastic under the hood!

See what you think, I've attached some pictures, including pictures of those annoying capscrews.

az3579

It does look nice, but would look better if you cleaned your engine bay!

jituji70

well said. I'm embarrassed, since your engine bay must be cleaner and your car has four times the miles on it! Hope windex works ;)