Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Summer tires for the X3

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by rlengyel, Mar 6, 2009.

rlengyel

It's about time to take off the snow boots, so I need to get some summer rubber. We bought the car last fall as a CPO, so winter tires went on immediately. The wheels that came with it were BMW M 235-45-19 and 245-40-19.

For the winter, I had gone with 235/55-17 Michelin X-ice Xi2 on Borbet silver 17x7 wheels (tire rack). Handling and traction during the messy winter were flawless. But now we need summer shoes. There were Pirelli PZero Rosso's on it originally (though worn enough that I'm not putting them back on my wife's daily driver).

I'm looking for great handling, smooth ride, etc. for summer only.

Ideas? Suggestions? I

rlengyel

duh...
    2007 X3 auto, lots of options that don't matter for the tires...
    thanks

288675 guest

YOKOHAMA AVID H4S on mine have been excellent

nweigen

X-3 tire options

Michelin Primacy are really working well for me on my 04 X-3. After 10,000. miles they still run like new, took off Bridgestones and wow what a difference.

No cupping and noise ride like the Bridgestones, also bought a set for my daughter's X-3, she is very happy with them.

They also have a very high tread wear rating, hope to get 50,000 miles on the set.

Hope this helps,

Norm...