Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Upsolute ECU Chip Upgrade!! 2006 BMW 325XI

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by jpocasangre2002, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

jpocasangre2002 guest

Well I had my doubts about modding the ECU chip and getting any results, I have owned multiple BMW's and have never even thought of changing anything in one of them but for some odd and strange reason I decided to try these guys out. I am so pleased with the performance increase that I will more than likely take my X5 and ECU Upgrade it as well. The car is faster; shifts better, and has better gas mileage! Again I have never done this before but I can for sure vouch for this company. I shipped my ECU to North Carolina and they shipped it back next day. The gentleman I worked with was very polite and courteous and had very good communication skills. The website URL is

www.upsolute.com

vvurdsmyth guest

Congrats... good to hear; about what was the mileage increase and how much did it cost...?

jpocasangre2002 guest

Upsolute ECU Chip Upgrade

Well I get around 2 miles per gallon more. I took the car out to the track yesterday and went 0 to 60 in 5.6 seconds, pretty good. I just wanted to see if the increase was as substantial as it feels. As for price it is $430. Note: I do not drive my vehicle any differently than I did before the ECU upgrade so I believe that is why I am getting better gas mileage. Obviously if I was driving peddle to the medal all the time I for sure think it would be worse!

az3579

Keep in mind that if you were looking at the speedo during that time, the speedo lies by about 3-5 mph, depending on how fast you're going. I think you would it in 6 seconds, 0 to real 60, and that isn't bad at all for a heavy all-wheel-drive car with the weaker of the available engines!

That $430 sounds pretty worth it to me...

jpocasangre2002 guest

Yep, that's about right 6 secs. I forgot about that speedometer deal. The one crazy thing is that I got to go 160MPH on the track. The ECU upgrade removed the governor which allows me to fly! It sure is a different car. I may do the ECU upgrade on my X5 4.4, sooner or later as well.

az3579

Umm... what track would that be? I can't think of a single track (that's not an Oval) that would allow a chipped 325xi reach 160mph...

jpocasangre2002 guest

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

a) does this car have forced induction? If not, why is this in the turbo/supercharger forum?
    b) if not, I do not honestly believe that your car can go 160mph with only 215HP when a chipped/delimited E36 M3 can just hit 160

jpocasangre2002 guest

Does not have turbo, but I can for sure tell you that it can hit 160 on the odometer. I have no reason to pull anyone's chain in regards to this; in fact I can provide a results document from my day out at the track. At top speed I was going 159.3MPH, not quite 160 but there! As per when I first posted I am by no means into racing my car I was just curious as to just how much more power my car has. I will probably never even take it back out to the track due to the fact that I am out hundreds of dollars in tires, and track fees! I have the M3 19s. Again if you would like I can scan in my results doc into PDF format and post it on here for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.