Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacement Key(s)

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by finmanjim, Mar 20, 2008.

finmanjim guest

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2003 325i 5-speed. Unfortunately, only one key came with the vehicle (the car was no doubt purchased at auction by the dealer).

Does anyone know of any other option besides the dealer? Each key from the dealer (South Motors BMW - Miami, FL) will cost $170! Wouldn't be so bad if they provided the entire set of keys for that price.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

mjweimer

You need to find another dealer!

Unfortunately there is no other source for the correct keys.

Master keys can be purchased for as little as $125 from dealers offering BMWCCA discounts. Be prepared to bring or fax proof of ownership.

Matt

Bill Howard

I was quoted $200 by the local dealer (pre discount). Would that there was a repair service that could replace the battery.

finmanjim guest

Thanks

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to go with the dealer.

Jim

Rene325ci guest

i just paid at Reeves in Tampa 160 with out the BMW CCA discount. I also bought the valet key which is much cheaper.
    The parts guy and i talked about it for a little bit and these keys are the "cat's meow" when it comes to security. BMW does not release even to the dealer how to program the keys that is why you order them. Personally i like that keeps the ruffians from doing naughty things with your car.

I had just bought my 2002 325ci from the auction and it too came with only one key. You really can't blame the auction for that, Most cars that are traded in the previous owner only brings in the key he/she has on them.

Bob Stassi guest

Replacement Diamond Key e46

Hello, I am on the hunt for the diamond key. My car only came with one key and I would like a spare. The dealers here in LA are telling me from $230-$270. Seems pretty high to me. I am seeing people post they have found them for $170. Does anyone know where in LA it can be found for around that? Thanks--Bob

peter corey taylor guest

I want to know who has it for 125.

georrge330 guest

Replacing Belts

How miles before you have to change the belts on a 330xi