Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Coilover kit for good price...

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by DR3AMW0N, Feb 8, 2009.

DR3AMW0N guest

I've come to the assumption that springs purchased alone is not worth it so i am going to purchase a coilover kit for my 2006 325i.....all i need to know is which ones i should get h&r eibach etc and which is the best bang for my buck i'm not tryna spend to much i do understand it is going to cost 1000+ i just want to spend as little as possible while still purchasing what i am suppose to....CAN ANYBODY HELP THANKS and does anybody know a good spot to get them in the san diego area

pseto

what exactly are you trying to accomplish? just lowering the car? having a fully adjustable suspension to get the right stiffness?

you're right about springs only; thats truly not the way to go since the OEM shocks probably arent a good fit. it'll probably wear the shocks out faster. there are other shock/spring combos that are a better match which would be cheaper than coilovers.

i have KW coilovers that are height adjustable. the stiffness is a little tighter than stock so i didnt see the need for a fully adjustable set.

Dr3amW0n guest

i want to lower it for looks but also have the increased control and stiffness what would be the recommended spring shock combo or coilovers you would suggest...thanks again for the response

Devilsown guest

For springs I would go with H&R, I dont like ebachs, they are trash in my book. If your willing to fork out a few bucks get some Bilstein Pss9's or 10's

pseto

if you just want to lower your car, coilovers may be overkill. H&R springs would probably be fine, but make sure you get new shocks too b/c the OEM shocks wont match IMO.

if u still want to go with coilovers, the KWs are nice and are made of stainless steel. i've also heard good things about the ST coilovers made of galvanized steel but i wouldnt get those if you live in an area that gets the slightest amount of ice/snow.

ericsmc83 guest

Bilstein makes a good shock to combine with the H&R's. Another good shock would be the Koni Yellow's.

For coilovers, definitely can't go wrong with either Bilstein or KW. I personally have KWv3's and love the ride difference. If ride height is all you're looking for, you can go with the KWv1's.