Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Good deal on a 2004 330ci?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Lobaeux, Feb 8, 2009.

Lobaeux guest

Looking at a 2004 330 coupe, 75,000 miles, looks fully loaded, but it is automatic. Dealer wants 15,900.
    Think this is a good deal? The car looks immaculate.
    Thanks for any advise, this would be my first BMW, that will be passed on to my son, I'll be buying a brand new 335i Sep 2010.

Joe

Solidjake guest

What packages does it have?

Lobaeux guest

I believe it has the Premium Package, but not the Sports Package, although it does have nice wheels, they look 17".

The car has 75K miles on it, I'd have to look at service records, it does have a carfax history.

I was thinking of offering $15,000 for it, it's listed for $15,900.

It doesn't have NAV though, which is fine for me right now.

jackem17 guest

Did you try KBB.com? Just punch in the required numbers and it'll spit out a pretty accurate quote.

az3579

I was looking at cars I couldn't afford today and found some E46's. I saw 330's go for around 14k, and ZHP's start around 16k. The 330's for 14k had like 80k miles on them though, and I personally would consider the automatics to be of lesser value despite being a cost option, because they're more common. Since it doesn't have the sport package, I would saw 14,500.

Keep in mind the car's 4-5 years old now, and with 75k on the clock, I would ignore dealer pricing. But, if it's in really nice condition and very well kept according to maintenance records, then I say 15k is a reasonable offer.

CSBM5

I would look very closely at this car first if I was in the market for an 04 330i.:)

Lobaeux guest

Thanks guys for the tips.

I decided to forego the dealer's car. I even ended up looking at an 03 M3, the guy came down to $21.5, but I decided I didn't like the 19" wheels.

I have reached a decision on which car to buy though.

I've decided to order a 2009 335i instead, with a PCD.

Wish I didn't have to wait the whole year for the rebate from BMWCCA, that's why I'm holding off buying until August.

Thanks!