Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

GPS Upgrade

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by WCShukis, Mar 19, 2008.

WCShukis guest

I have a factory GPS. It works as designed, but is slow updating instructions. This means that if there are several turns, one after another, the system cannot keep up with me. I'm supposing a newer system, one that uses a DVD instead of a CD, would be faster in updating rapid-fire instructions.

My question is: Can I update my GPS system with a DVD-based system, and if so, what do I need to make it happen?

Thanking you experts in advance!

Regards, Warren

PaulBSFO guest

Check out www.bimmernav.com. I have not used them, but have heard good things, and at the very least there is a lot of great information on nav upgrades, bluetooth, etc. As I understand it, the wiring is fairly standard, so you can upgrade the components and move to a DVD based system...but check it out. I'm sure there are other vendors out there as well.

chilliwilli guest

WCShukis guest

Thanx for the info. I called them and they offer what I'm looking for. They also have a Bluetooth solution for California's new 'hands-off' cell phone law.

Regards, warren

WCShukis guest

Thanx for the info.

Regards, Warren