Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help! I must replace Driver's Seat!!!

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by JamesCabot, Jan 27, 2009.

JamesCabot guest

First time poster, long time member.
    My '04 530i has sport seats that are KILLING my Sciatic nerve. I can't sit in the car for more then 10 minutes before I feel it, but I love the car otherwise. My hope is to replace the driver's seat with an OEM "comfort seat" but I need more information for my search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For example: What seat will fit (model years, options, etc.)? Other than the seat itself, what else needs to be replaced (wiring, etc.)? How big a job is this? Where should I search for the parts? Is this a needle-in-a-haystack kind of process? Anyone else have this problem or done this before?
    I've started the search but realized quickly that there are lots of variables, some of which I have yet to even think of.
    Thanks in advance for any help that's out there.

clauspkinder

Hi James,

I can't help with any alternative seat to buy.
    But, if your sports seats are in very good shape perhaps we can trade.
    I have a set of '04 black std. seats that are in very good shape.
    Let me know.

Claus

alstroberg guest

Back pain & Seats

I assume you have already tried multiple position changes, including seat height & tilt. Sometimes a simple pad can make a big difference.
    Before you go the the large expense of a new seat, try the fit of the seat you want on another car first. Exhaust your simple options.

Zeichen311

This may seem a ridiculous question at first, but: Where do you keep your wallet?

A good friend of mine had this exact complaint, not long after acquiring his most recent new car. When no seat position gave any relief, he suspected the car might have simply exposed a more serious problem, consulted his doctor, and ... guess what the first question was?

On doctor's advice, he stopped carrying his wallet in his hip pocket--and thus, sitting on it while driving. His sciatic pain ceased almost immediately.

Edit: Bah, I got suckered into responding to a two-year-old thread. :mad:
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I know I am responding to a 2 year old thread, but I keep my wallet in my front pocket and have done so for years. Much better than in the butt pocket.

granthr

If I am driving more than a mile, the wallet goes into the door pocket! :D

I guess we revived this old thread. :)