Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Floor Mats?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by mlandau, Jan 5, 2009.

mlandau guest

I recently purchased a new 335i and got the rubber floor mats (in addition to the regular mats). I noticed that the holes in the floor for the retention hooks don't line up with the holes in the rubber mat...off by a good 3-4 inches. Has anyone else noticed this? or do have the wrong mats? the package says "for all 3 series". Before I harass the dealer I thought I'd ask here. Thanks.

bl335i08 guest

I believe those hooks can be removed and re-aligned again.

Good luck.

mlandau guest

actually no, the hooks are screwed into pre-set holes in the floorboard.

BrianSF guest

I have the same car and the same mats. Whoever installed mine paid no attention to the mat's alignment either, but they were not off the three to four inches you mentioned. As you know, the retention hooks have large platic screws incorporated into them that are used to penetrate the carpet and whatever is beneath the carpet (a pad of some sort?). The "pre-set holes" you mention, may look as such, but they are not. They were simply created by the screws. If you'd like to move them, simply place the mats where you'd like, note where the hooks should be placed and screw them in. Personally, I find the all-weather mats plenty heavy to stay in place with minimal movement, so I took the hooks out altogether. Doing this also makes removal and replacement while cleaing much easier.