Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dice Silverline Ipod Adapter

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by mpauly, Dec 30, 2008.

mpauly guest

Does anyone have any experience with the Dice Silverline IPod adapter. The liturature says you can scroll and pick songs, artist and play list just like on the Ipod itself. I tried another mfg on a new F150 and it did nothing it claimed and had it removed. I have a 06 DINAN M3 S3R, an 05 330xi, and a 03 330xi I would add these to if they work like they say. Can any one help? I want to control everything from the wheel and radio controls.

BMWides110377 guest

I have used the DICE Silverline before and it worked perfectly and exactly as described. It was fairly easy to install and the directions provided were easy to follow. I have it a thumbs up :cool:

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Huh? Whut?

Yew kids are talkin' about them musical devices again, ain'tcha?

;)

ViolinARC guest

DICE Silverline...

Well, my experience hasn't been quite that perfect. The thing does work with the steering controls but is S_L_O_W as hell when trying to scan through your tunes. It only shows the songs on my cluster MID and displays "CD1 Track 1" on my monitor. Then I read that it only shows the song titles on the 16:9 so I upgraded and still get the same old BS. I've tried it with several different iPods with the same results. I also don't like the fact that it switches songs if I pause too long when scanning through playlists, albums , artists or whatever. It should wait for me to "select" before switching automatically. From my experience, the charging feature doesn't work very well either since I keep getting the message "Detached" when I damn well know the thing is hooked up. If I charge the iPod through my laptop and then reattach to the DICE, everything works ok for a while. Then I have to recharge it again...:(

Overall, I have to admit that it's WAY better than the super convenient CD changer in the GD trunk idea but my sales-pitched expectations were shattered by real world operation. I would probably recommend an inexpensive auxillary input over the expensive but mostly functional DICE except for the fact that you won't crash your car trying to find the tunes you wanna hear by scrolling on your iPod.