Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

EZ Detail Brush Review

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by zaxjax, Dec 29, 2008.

zaxjax guest

I have been looking for a brush to clean wheels easier without busting my knuckles up anymore. I have used assorted long handle brush and even some smaller brushes. I always had trouble getting to the back of the wheel or couldn't fit the brush head in between the spokes.

My solution the EZ Detail Brush that I picked up from Detailed Image

[IMG]

I was able to clean my wheels with soap and water and removed all the brake dust very easily on my 335i. You all know how bad brake dust is on a BMW. I was skeptical on how itworked on chrome so I used it on my 08 Denali. The soft bristles did not scratch or mar the chrome and nice a fantastic job cleaning between all the spokes.

Hope this helps some of you guys looking for an easier way to clean your wheels.

az3579

How flexible are those bristles? Would they fit in really tight spokes such as my Style 5 wheels?

[IMG]

What about the crevices, where the spokes end and slant together, towards the outside of the wheel?

zaxjax guest

The brush would fit between the spokes with no problem, and they are very soft, so they won't mar the finish. You may need a smaller brush or sponge to clean your lips and that small area.

The brush is really intended to get in-between the spokes and the inner part of the rim.

missmelyssa guest

Thanks for the tip.
    I'll have to check that out.

Do you happen to use any type of wax on your wheels?

zaxjax guest

M3Driver guest

I've been extolling the virtues of this brush for years to my friends. :D

I've used it on my M3 (yesterday as a matter of fact) and on the wife's X3 and our old '00 528i with the basketweaves. It works great and has caused no problems. It get's back side of the wheels clean which is no small feat.

I typically use the BMW Wheel Cleaner or the Griott's Garage Wheel Cleaner.

I've even gotten a couple of SA's at my local BMW dealer using it now.

BTW Autogeek.Net is where I got mine.

M3Driver guest

How does this product hold up if you use wheel cleaner? I know that Wheel Wax doesn't seem to last as long when exposed to the wheel cleaner I use (Griotts or BMW OEM).

thanks

zaxjax guest

I only use soap and water on my rims. Acidic cleaners and degreasers will break down the clear coats on your rims over time. If the are bad I will dilute Simple Green or a citrus based cleaner to clean them.

Opti-seal will hold longer but if any acidic cleaner is used to clean them it will surely detoriate

missmelyssa guest

Thanks for the info everyone.
    My wheels were pretty bad and I cleaned them and my car on wednesday.
    I did use some Simple Green, but unfortunately did not dilute as mentioned in above posts.
    I will need to do that next time.

fricker66 guest

The EZ detail brush is great. It works great on my 135M wheels except for the split spokes. The brush is too large to clean that area of the ZHP wheels. Otherwise it is a great tool!

I use mainly P21S or Griot's wheel cleaner along with monthly application of Wheel Wax.

John in VA

But wait, there's more...
    The EZ detail wheel brush has been IMPROVED!
    I haven't tried either yet, but both look like they do the job. Should speed up the job.
    RejeX puts Wheel Wax to shame, as it's a sealant or coating vs. wax, but something is better than nothing.

zaxjax guest

Good info John

The only differences in the brushes is the handle has been beefed up. They made it larger in diameter and more sturdy.

Rejex is good and lately I've used Opti-Seal on my rims, much better protection the Wheel Wax.

granthr

OLD?!! My "New" BMW is a 98! :D I haven't even gotten to the 21 century yet! :D :D