Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 Touring Wagon Pics

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by mistertripps, Mar 14, 2008.

mistertripps guest

I figured I'd start a thread where my wife and I can show off pictures of our E39. We've done a lot of fun cosmetic stuff to the car and welcome any comments or suggestions for future work.

First of all, a shot of the car shortly after we brought it home:

[IMG]

[IMG]

mistertripps guest

The first big mod was new wheels:

[IMG]

[IMG]

We've since added roundels to the wheels.

GregS_WI guest

Love that license plate! I take it you live in a state that doesn't require the stupid things.

Gawd, I'd love to add an e39 wagon to the stable, right next to our e39 sedan. Anyone have any insider stock tips I could use to raise the funds? :)

mistertripps guest

Ha! Yeah, Georgia doesn't require front plates. Unfortunately, we'll have to lose the plate with the new M-Tech front bumper I installed today.

As for getting your own E39 wagon, just trade in the 3 series wagon in your sig - no stock trading necessary!

mistertripps guest

The next big thing we changed were the headlights. Besides the glass being hazed and the corners being yellow, we wanted Angel Eyes, or Sacred Circles, as we like to call them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

mistertripps guest

After that we added window tint. Amazing how much different it makes the car look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

GregS_WI guest

Good idea, but...

I'm there! Now to find an e39 touring with AWD....

:)

mistertripps guest

Finally got pictures of the new M-Tech bumper I installed last weekend while the storms were rolling through Atlanta. I love the change to the front end look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

313194 guest

Here is our 2000 528it. Our dog loves it, and so do we.

Attached Files:

e396spd guest

How much did you have to fork over for the headlights? They look HID, or almost identical to updated (&euro) factory xenons.

M3Driver guest

Nice car. Always liked the E39 Touring and don't see many of them around. Most of the ones I've seen, when I've spoken with the owner, had been purchased in Europe and brought back to the US. Always heard from the dealer the wagons never sold well in the US.

A 540i, 6-speed, Sport Package would certainly have a place of honor in my garage.:D

mistertripps guest

They were about $300 through umnitza.com. They are the Depo brand with AEs.

az3579

They look soooooo much better than mine, which are Depo as well. They also have the natural color like the stock E39's with AE's built-in instead of the white color that yours has.

That is a stunning touring! Those mods give it an excellent updated look, like the technical refresh versions. Since you have the M-Tech bumper installed, it would be great if you did the full-on M-kit conversion, and maybe when you strike it rich, perhaps an S62 swap, some suspension parts...

Then you'll have yourself an M5 Touring. :D

Autohaus guest

I want to get the M5 front bumper on my 525i. Nice touring indeed. I have a bootleg set-up with the NY plate zip tied on......I thank az3579 for the pic!

mistertripps guest

Ha! Ha! Some day. We are working toward that. Maybe not the S62 swap, since it is my wife's grocery-getter, but at least cosmetically, we want the total M-package look.

mistertripps guest

Thanks! Too bad you guys have to have those silly front plates in NY. But, that is a great looking front end nonetheless.

Autohaus guest

Only 7 more months I have to deal with these NY plates. Once my car crosses the Georgia/Florida border, the NY plate comes off! :cool:

Threeohfive39 guest

I really like the look. I was thinking of replacing my front bumper and wanted to see what the mtech looked like on the Touring.
    BTW: your right, the tints for some reason are a radical change to the wagon's look. When we did our Touring it just went "pop" with those tints.

really love your car looking great. a couple who mods a BMW together stays together! ha ha :) nice to see another couple do this stuff together as well.

regards